Thursday, August 22, 2013

Nonsense!



That is the only word I can think of to describe this week. Nonsense. Why? Because I truly can't even remember everything that happened! We had a lot of appointments planned, and a whole lot of them fell through, which was a super jammer! But we have been ridiculously busy nonetheless. I'm still trying to figure out what the Lord wants me to learn here. Because honestly I still feel like a chicken running around with my head cut off. 

We had a lesson with F And actually got some time in to talk! She was totally silent when we shared the first vision. It was amazing!!! And then she got up and played the piano and sang for us.. Which was weird. And random. But She is going to read the book of Mormon she says! I just pray that she realizes how much it can help her. She's got a tough life. P is 10 days sober!!! WOOHOO!  It's so exciting, but at the same time I'm super worried, because he says he is only doing this for the sisters. And if we leave he probably can't stay sober... I just wish I knew how to help him realize this is between him and the Lord. He is way too converted to us... Also. He calls us Hexes... (Witches)  Well, he is an artist. So he drew a picture of us as hexes... I'll just let the picture explain itself.... I'm the fat old witch because I'm the mean one.. I don't know why Zr Elting is portrayed as so.... What an interesting guy! 

S is also 10 days no smoking!!! We spent a little time everyday this week just checking in on him. Learned a lot about his family. They could possibly join him here in the Netherlands in about a year if all goes well. That would be SO amazing! And we keep emphasizing the temple so he knows that there is a greater goal than just baptism. AH I have so much faith in him!  B. Oh boy. He is so ready and he doesn't even know it. He wants to cook for us this week, which I am more than fine with. The ward totally loves him. The bishop just adores him. I don't know how he isn't baptized yet. Well, I do. He just wants to make sure he is being honest with himself and God. This week he told us our service was too long. But he loves the investigator class! So he stayed for at least 2 of the 3 hours. Ah.

I discovered a new contacting method. It's basically bartering. We like to contact in the Markt on Fridays (and get lunch on the way..) And when people approach us with samples I ask if I can give a card to them! We did it to a guy giving out cheese. And he seemed super positive! I hope he at least looks at the website... But it was a good experience regardless.


Basically. I'm serving in the most beautiful place in the world. We went to Kinderdijk today, and well. It's just beautiful!!! I seriously am so blessed to be here. Because we were there I didn't find a scripture... But I will write one down in my letter home. Ik houd van jullie!!!
Liefs, Zr Packer

No comments:

Post a Comment