Saturday, June 8, 2013

Departure Postponed

Taylor called home yesterday to let us know she will not be leaving with her group on Monday.  She has a cyst in her foot and her foot is swollen.  The Dr. is concerned about the foot and wants to look at it again on Monday to decide if she needs surgery.  They are considering draining the cyst or removing it.  Right now she is delayed 1-2 weeks and will stay at the MTC.  We will know more Monday.  Taylor's foot has hurt for quite a while and she visited a Dr. before she went into the MTC and has met with one several times since she's been in the MTC.  The diagnosis was different from this one. Understandably, she was emotional when she called.  She is close to her group and disappointed she won't be traveling with them. She is also anxious to get to the Netherlands to start working.  She was told she would get to meet with the incoming groups and was excited about that.  She is making the best of the situation.  Our prayers are that the Dr. will be able to figure out the problem and that she will be about to get out there as soon as possible.  We will keep you posted. She might appreciate notes of encouragement, her MTC address is:
                                         Zuster Taylor Packer
                                         MTC mailbox #78
                                         Bel-Neth 0610
                                         2005 N. 900 E.
                                         Provo, Utah   84604-1793

No comments:

Post a Comment